Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A child that touches my heart deeply & profoundly

A picture that always overwhelms me
A Gazan child with tears in his little eyes



I havent written a new post in a while now, honestly I still feel like I don’t want to add any new posts but I am obliged to add something because I have a responsibility towards my readers, followers and those who trust me.


I started thinking of topics and I was lost between the new Palestinian scams: Electricity, reconciliation and Rafah border or maybe to write about all three of them or perhaps choose a new topic. I kept thinking for a few days till a few seconds ago I came across a picture that a facebook friend shared. I shared this picture many times before, I was pinned to my laptop looking at this pictures for days, thought about it for a loooooooooooong while and even cried my heart out whenever I saw it.

Honestly, this Gazan innocent cute little child is much more important than anything else. Yes, perhaps there are urgent matters that ought to be discusses and shared but despite the fact that this picture is 2 years old yet it still touch me and overwhelm me like it was taken yesterday.

You might expect me to say that this picture brought back the horror and miserable memories of the Israeli vicious barbaric assault on Gaza 2008-2009. Well, I am sorry to disappoint you but it doesn’t. It just makes me think of that child and what he felt at that moment seeing his safe home brought to the ground like it never existed, his childhood was violated, his family was shattered and all he can do to let his sadness and fear is to cry and shed those crystal-clear tears.

This picture arouses many feelings inside me, it makes me wish I was there to hug him and hold him and tell him everything will be okay. It makes me wish I was superman and had the ability to save him and his house and perhaps save Gaza. This child represents all Gazan children who lost their lives, parents, houses, families, dreams, souls and many other things in the process. Their only guilt was that they were born Palestinian and they live in Gaza. WOW I guess that makes them guilty right??!!!

If I could pay half of my life just to be able to go back in time and hug this child I swear I would in a heartbeat. Please cherish your children and work hard to give them the best life you could because some parents don’t even have this simple privilege.

If you are a parent, uncle, brother, sister, auntie, grandmother, grandfather or just a human then Please go hug the nearest child around you and let him\her know you are there to make their life better and safer.

Follow me on twitter: @Omar_Gaza

3 comments:

  1. "This picture arouses many feelings inside me, it makes me wish I was there to hug him and hold him and tell him everything will be okay."

    You had me in tears with this comment. I feel that way every time I have to interview a family here in Gaza who is suffering in any way, particularly when the children are suffering. They've lost their childhood, their innocence, and that is beyond wrong. When I went to interview the Zaanin family in Beit Hanoun the other day and interviewed two of the children who had been injured in the latest strike, it broke my heart to see them in such shock. No child should have to go through that. Thank you for sharing the picture and for writing. Keep it up. The world needs to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at a loss for words. It's the worst thing in the world to victimize a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Just saw ur comment! Gaza misses you :) and I felt just like what u felt! U did a gr8 job here in Gaza PLZ COME BACK SOON!

    Simon, Thank you and your comment was "spot on"!

    ReplyDelete