Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Khader Adnan's letter from hospital, still dying to live. ACT NOW

Khader Adnan's letter from hospital, still dying to live. ACT NOW



Still on hunger strike for the 56th consecutive day, Khader Adnan, 33, graduate student, sends this letter from Zaiv hospital in Safad:

“I started my battle offering my soul to God almighty and adamant to go ahead until righteousness triumphs over falsehood. I am defending my dignity and my people’s dignity and not doing this in vain. 

"The Israeli occupation has gone to extremes against our people, especially prisoners. I have been humiliated, beaten, and harassed by interrogators for no reason, and thus I swore to God I would fight the policy of administrative detention to which I and hundreds of my fellow prisoners fell prey,” Adnan wrote. 

His letter, delivered by Jalal Abu Wasil, a lawyer from the Palestinian ministry of prisoners affairs who visited him in hospital, also highlighted that Adnan refused to be examined by doctors. 

“Here I am in a hospital bed surrounded with prison wardens, handcuffed, and my foot tied to the bed. The only thing I can do is offer my soul to God as I believe righteousness and justice will eventually triumph over tyranny and oppression.” 

“I hereby assert that I am confronting the occupiers not for my own sake as an individual, but for the sake of thousands of prisoners who are being deprived of their simplest human rights while the world and international community look on," he wrote. 

"It is time the international community and the UN support prisoners and force the State of Israel to respect international human rights and stop treating prisoners as if they were not humans.” 
This letter was published today by Maan News Agency.
Hunger strike in Gaza, West Bank and everywhere else continues by those who support Khader Adnan, including myself.

Here is a little quote that was mentioned in Human Rights Watch’s report about Khader Adnan:

“Adnan, 33, has been on hunger strike for 55 days. According to a 2006 study by the British Medical Association, “during the 1980 and 1981 hunger strikes in Northern Ireland […] death generally occurred between 55 and 75 days.” In general, “the final stage” of a hunger strike occurs between 45 to 75 days “due to cardiovascular collapse or severe arrhythmias,” the study said.”

The report is a must read and circulate, you can find the full version here:



Khader Adnan represents the case of numerous Palestinian prisoners who were detained and imprisoned illegally so act not to help him and all the others. Here is a list of actions you can do:

You can join Addameer's campaign to STOP ILLEGAL DETENTION by checking out this link that shows you what to do and who to contact:


You can sign this petition:


And\or this petition:


And\or this petition:


 You can also check this link for more info about Khader Adnan and how to take action:


 Here is Gaza's tribute to Khader Adnan, people joined a sit-in tent at ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) HQ.'s in Gaza while others demonstrated. Many went on a hunger strike in solidarity with Khader Adnan including myself. Here is Joe Catron's pictures of the ICRC sit-in tent in Gaza:



Act now and help us save Khader Adnan's life before its too late.

From Gaza with love,

Omar




No comments:

Post a Comment