Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A few of my poems I wrote for Palestine

Emancipation, I am Palestine, Little Nora, Oppression


Since some of my tweeps cant enter my notes on Facebook I decided to share few of my poems here:

EMANCIPATION:


I'm scared and alone,

it's terrifying.


Explosions, blood, dead humanity is flying in parts.

Should I run? Scream? Shout? Or start crying?

I am lost like a ghost.

I don’t understand but I'm trying hard.


Am I dead or I'm dying?


Maybe it’s a dream that I can shake away.

Maybe it’s a night mare with dark rainbow rays,

Or can it be just a bad day?

My gut says it’s a pain that will stay.

I close my eyes and open them again,


I can't believe what happened;

I saw a man playing the violin,

I looked deep into his eyes

I swear I saw a tear but I can't hear him cry.


I am thinking of ways to escape, but how?

I look at the skies and see them get raped.

I look at the beaches and see them beaten up in hate.

It's so dark yet there is no shade.

How did I get myself into this crusade

The man whispers to my ear;


"The exit is very very near,

All you have to do is to come over your fear."


He guided me towards getting strengthen and

All I did was listen to the voice with in.


He said my wings are ready to help me fly


He said:


"Up there no one can hurt you now fly up high!"


He asked me to set myself free

Where I can witness the marriage between infinity and eternity,

There where all miseries end


I am safe; I can transcend

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am …… Palestine




I am Palestine …… I am not scared



I am Palestine …… I will never be heard



I am Palestine …… you have no idea what I bared



I am Palestine ……. I have done things you never dared



I am Palestine ……. Have you ever cared?



I am Palestine ……. I will never be shared



I am Palestine ……. I fly high even when I am an injured bird



I am Palestine ……. I shall never be raped, hurt or admeasured



I am Palestine ……. You tried to subject me and you simply backscattered



I am Palestine ……. Just like the phoenix from my ashes I emerged



I am Palestine ……. You asked and I answered


---------------------------------------

Little Nora went early to bed that night


When she heard a humming sound becoming closer

She rushed to her window to see warplanes so close in sight

But she didn’t care

Because she could swear

That this happens every night

She went back to her warm bed

And placed her little head

On her little fluffy pillow colored red

She started counting the happy sheep

She reached number nine then fell asleep

Dreaming of a new happy peaceful day

So she can wake up, kiss her mom then play

Little Nora didn’t know that this is her last night

She won’t be able to witness the sunlight

A loud deep explosion was heard but Nora never woke up

The missiles were invading her room non-stop

Little Nora stepped into another world

Were birds & laughs can be heard

Nora saw little children with freckles and curls

They were all playing and feeling safe

They were all strong and brave

Nora smiled thinking she is in heaven and no longer in hell

And that her family had her story to tell

Nora knew that her people won’t be numb anymore

They will fight for their freedom till it comes to their door

*Nora could be a Palestinian child or a Libyan child or an Iraqi child or an Afghan child or any child living in an oppressed country where fascists have no mercy and she has to pay the price of freedom.

---------------------------------------

Oppression:

Get on your knees




Its Hercules



Your mission is to beg for every tease



I want to hear you scream “Please”



You don’t have any say



All you can do is to obey



Freeze when I demand you to freeze



I have no mercy and nothing to cease



Your pains and torture will increase



Your ownership and dignity will decrease



I will rape your land



Steal your legacy



Break your legs



So you cant stand



When I invade your privacy



I will break your face



Paint you with disgrace



Until you rest your case



And stop fighting for your freedom



I will cover your sky



And make it dark



Dry your sea



Until you bark



I will rip your mother’s heart



And squeeze



I will kill your dad



With ease



Ill use your children as human shields



Rape your wife and sisters



Maybe rape you too



With no regrets or things to undo



Ill burn your trees



Ill demolish every house



Shoot the birds and step on any mouse



Wipe you from this earth



Show you all shades of death



Feed every newborn child



To my monsters and their pride



Ill never be happy



Until I bring your insides outsides



Ill put you in a little box



Only you and a wild fox



Bring joy to my eyes



While I see you two fight



What a sight



I want to see ripped apart



Deny you from food and water



And when I am bored



Ill play with you a game called “slaughter”



Ill throw you in refugee camps



Fill you all over with labels and stamps



Ill take you a hostage



Till you give me your heritage



Ill stab you till you stop resisting



Ill unleash my devils as long as you are existing



Yes ofcourse I want peace



Doesn’t that mean to blow you into pieces?



And step on you like little creatures?



No education



No rights



Deal with it, reality bites



I don’t see anybody standing up for you



They all abandon you



You are on your own



Oh wait your not even that



You are for me to own



I terrorize you with all kinds of internationally banned weapons



While you fight back with a stone



Isn’t that justice?



I don’t care if the world is a witness



What will the world do?



Fight for you?



I don’t think so



The world followed silence



When I was using violence



So just lose hope



I don’t care if you cope



I like playing this game



I never felt shame



Do you want to know my name?



My name is OPPRESSION



Through this poem I wish salvation

For every oppressed nation

Not only Palestine

We are all meant to shine

Break our mental and physical constraints

Release ourselves and others from all kinds of pains

Live free or die trying

Stop Oppression

Stop judging

Stop condemning

Stop bullying

Stop labeling

One nation, one love and united by humanity











2 comments:

  1. It is interesting to hear different opinions on the subject. When I travelled to Argentina, I got this apartment rental in Buenos AiresoI asked people there who they supported. They are really respectful so they didn´t want to argument for one or another, they jus said they wanted peace in the Middle East.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete